2023 AXPONA Show Report

Here's all the Exhibitors at this year's show  

https://axpona.com/exhibitors

You all got to hear the all new Mon Acoustic Supermon Isobaric Speakers and Sanctus Cables, they must be heard to be believed ! They will at Booth 646 at this Show !

Who's going to this Show ?

rick2000

@atmasphere 

Would love to know how those Class D mono’s played with the Carbon 7 speakers.

Thanks for your response.

Yes I imagine it's quite the frustrating puzzle to get some of those hotel rooms to sound good and then invariably nobody is sitting in the 6 square feet where it does sound good.

Also agree on the music being played.   Not sure I would ever be able to make it through one of these shows...  I like what I like musically and tend to shy away from, if not loathe, a lot of commercial music. 

I have the Fritz Carbon 7's so I know they sound great... I hope to check out your Class D mono's at some point in the near future ...and maybe even your UV-1.

JAS

@treepmeyer I thought the Vandersteen system sounded great. I saw that there were many advertisements about one Audioquest session per day. I attended one, and I thought the presenter was enthusiastic because he designed the product. If you planned to hear the speakers, too bad you hit that moment. Every Axpona, I make a beeline to the Ultra Fidelis room because they always make the systems sound like I like them. It is a point of reference for me. 

@jamesbgood Thanks for the advice.  Next year I will be sure to visit the Ultra Fidelis room.  I can't account for what I heard in the AQ room, but Vandersteens remain on my short list despite that experience.  I will seek them out next year as well as in the interim as the opportunity arises.

@ronboco 

The room I saw them in were the Atria IIs showing with Vinnie Rossi Brama electronics. I understand they were in another room but I didn’t get to that one.

Rockports are one of my favorites - so it was pretty disappointing. The room was small and the setup essentially nearfield.  It just didn’t work - for me at least. Perhaps it was also the music selection.

Best,