1970's

I've heard some good 70's recordings latley. I orderd Grand funk railroed closer to home, I almost fell over dead. It sounded like they were in the room with me. Digital has the dynamics but anolog fools the ear and wipes away ear fatigue. So, what else am I missing out on, No Zappa please, just can't get into Zappa. How about Blondie?
max_pain

Showing 3 responses by reubent

Are you talking LPs or CDs?

I was a teenager in the '70's, so much of the music that I call favorites is from that era. Of course there are classic recordings that everyone should own like:

The Who-Who's Next?
Peter Frampton-Frampton Comes Alive
Bob Marley and the Wailers-Live
All Steely Dan
All Neil Young

And there is a lot of less famous stuff that is excellent, like:

The Tubes-Especially "What do you want from Live!"
All John Prine
Budgie-Especially "Bandolier"
Crack The Sky-Crack The Sky
Classic Willie Nelson like "Willie and Family Live" and "The Red-Headed Stranger"

And lots more! It will be interesting to see what other replies you get.......

BTW, many of the ones I mentioned are recently remastered on CD and sound much better than the original CD release from the '80s. Get the newer remasters if they are available. Of course, the original LPs are really good too, if you can find them in decent condition.

Enjoy,

TIC
Jan,

A lot of The Tubes stuff has been rereleased in the last couple of years.

The live record "What do you want from Live!" is a CLASSIC! It sounds great and it is really a lot of fun, especially if you experienced the real thing and have a visual point of reference.

There is a new rerelease of The Tubes self-Titled debut and "Young and Rich" complied on one CD. For $18.99 at tower(dot)com you can get both of these great recordings on one CD.

BTW, The Tubes are still touring and sound pretty good. They seem to have aged a bit more gracefully than some of the folks who survived the '70s. They play smallish venues and really rock the joint. Check them out on Google.

Enjoy,

TIC
Jan,

Cool for you! I really hope you enjoy them. I do often, including listening to the live record via my iPod shuffle when I travel. I always get off the plane in a good mood....

Happy listening,

TIC