180 gram vinyl vs First Pressing used

Just wondering if any one out there has problems with new 180 gram vinyl pressing of classic albums. The vinyl is thicker but the quality is just not there on a lot of the albums I’ve bought most through Amazon. They skip have surface noise are not really flat. I’m at a point I had rather have a VG+ first pressing than a new 180 gram pressing. Just wanted to know if any one else has problems with 180 gram vinyl. 
128x128lenmc2964

Showing 1 response by millercarbon

Just wondering if any one out there has problems with new 180 gram vinyl pressing of classic albums. The vinyl is thicker but the quality is just not there on a lot of the albums I’ve bought most through Amazon. They skip have surface noise are not really flat. I’m at a point I had rather have a VG+ first pressing than a new 180 gram pressing. Just wanted to know if any one else has problems with 180 gram vinyl.

You talk as if 180g vinyl is a thing. Its not a thing.It is just as if I said, "Just wondering if anyone out there has problems with new cars. The paint is thicker but the quality is just not there. The brakes judder and they skip over bumps and they're noisy. Would I be better off buying a used car? Does anyone else have problems with cars?" Without ever mentioning which car, or model, or manufacturer, or anything. As if all cars are the same.