11 inch tonearm? or 'short' 12inch tonearm?

I fitted an Ortofon RMG309 Limited (a rather nice silver wired limited edition of the 1990s Japanese reissue of the vintage RMG309, with SME-style movable armbase and built in arm rest and arm lift which the original 309i reissue didn't have) at the back of my plinth (TD124 MkII, with a 9in Ikeda IT-345-CR1 on the right).

Unfortunately it's a shade too big (slight counterweight overhang) and I can't replace the lid when using it though just about fits on when static.

I had been using an SME M2-12R which is slightly shorter, I guess I could go back to one of those or an earlier SME 3012, but I think the Ortofon is probably the better arm for what I use it for (Miyajima mono cartridges and assorted SPUs, all very low compliance).

Any thoughts on a shorter 12in or 11in arm, massive enough to use with SPU? Does need to have a removable headshell. Also hoping for something optimized for SPU headshell geometry which might be a long shot.

The alternative is to get someone to use heat to put a side bubble in the perspex lid but I don't know anyone who could do that! (Though may be the simpler option).

montesquieu

Showing 1 response by totem395