1000 budget for speakers and integrated - HELP

I am experimenting with a new system. I currently have an EAD trnsprt/dac combo and I want to build a system around this excellent digital source. The challenge is to find an integrated amplifier and full-range speakers in the used market for, ready for this - $1000! I listen almost exclusively to acoustic jazz and have been into this hobby for a good 17 years now. Speakers that I'm considering are: NHT 2.5i, Linn Keilidh, Meadowlark Kestrel,????. Integrateds I'm considering are: Creek 4330, Audio Analogue Puccini, ???. Am I against an impossible task here??? Any input would be appreciated.
gemini

Showing 1 response by soix

You might try looking for some used Soliloquy 5.0s with the Creek integrated. The 5.0s are monitors but pack quite a punch for their size/price, they absolutely disappear in the room and throw off a huge 3D soundstage with excellent imaging and dynamic presence. It'll be tough to find floorstanders in your price range that don't have some significant flaws(i.e. boomy bass, bright treble, limited soundstage, etc.). Best of luck.

Tim