Will a Power Conditioner Help?

I am setting up a new home theatre system and need some advice. When I was remodeling my apartment I ran a heavy power line under the hardwood and put an outlet in the floor (don't ask - my TV works as a room divider), and have been using this outlet for: TV, DVD player, computer, and the A/V receiver. This may seem like a lot, but now I think I may be having a real problem - I decided to go to separates, so will have a pre/pro and a 200W*7 amp instead of the receiver. Something makes me think that one power outlet to run all these devices is not enough. Will a power conditioner help? Thanks!
ctacbka
I'm going to create yet another stir in the market... It sure would help. Get yourself several dedicated Tripplite or Powevar line conditioner/filter units, such as the Tripplite LC1200 and LC1800.
Use one for digital sources only. Use a second one for TV only. Personally I'd run the computer on another unit and the preamp on yet another unit. Power amps should go directly to the outlet.
This structure isolates noise in specific areas of the system(s) in the same room. Resist the temptation to use all 6 outlets on any of these units... They're cheap and probably a best buy for most systems!
Ctacbka

If you are in the building stage, by all means add another ckt at least. Two if possible. Run the TV off the existing line.

Get the PC off the same ckt supplying the pre/pro and/or amp for sure. If it were me I'd place the PC and any digital source on a PLC. In fact, I have done just that.

Wether or not dedicated ckts are in play, PLC do substaintially add to the event. Which one? that's a whole other thread (s) and much is said here in that regard. Active, passive, regenerating and so forth.

But your short answer from me is yep. Add another ckt. first. Good power line filters like a PS Audio Duet (I have 2 of them), or their previous itteration, the UPC 200, or Hydra 2, 4, etc start at about $200 - $250> and actually do help.

If you run a 20A ckt. then on paper ONE conditioner can do the whole deal. Personally I prefer from experience, to employ added ckts and varied plc's, instead of the one size fits all approach. Strickly from a "unrestrained power" point of view.
In what way? Obviously it won't give you more power, in some cases it will give you less. The above response works assuming you had outlets to plug the conditioners into. Alternatively a more expensive PC can do the isolating in one box, but as noted won't up your power. What size outlet did you put in anyway (15? 20? 30? amp)? I'd move the computer somewhere else.