New speaker placement

I'm trying new speaker placements

The speakers are to the R & L of my 36 inch television
and i'm sitting nearfield. My ears are 5 1/2 feet from the tweeters and the speakers are approx 3 1/2 half feet from the back wall (see my system page to get a visual)

I'm interested in getting advice on what room treatments you suggest for this room
musicfile
Ryder
i would be willing to place absorbtion panels behind the television if that helps things.

Newbee thanks for all your suggestions it's very much appreciated
The treatment ideas in your room diagram look like a good idea. The yellow squares behind the speakers look good as well as the bass traps. As for side wall reflections, it seems as if the walls are far enough away that little would be required but it's fun to experiment.
One thing I can say from my experience is that room treatments do make a difference. The room my system is in now had bare walls when I first put the system in. If you clapped your hand you could hear an echo. As I tried putting panels in different places things changed for the better. I also found out you can go too far by putting up to much absorption.
Thanks Tim

The room will be treated with GIK Acoustics

In the sketch
The yellow are 242 the Red are Tri traps and the blue are 244

The rest of the treatments displayed in the picture have been removed (Grey areas and Green)
Hi
I added a few more pics of the room in my system page

I'm very much interested in hearing what people have to say about my electronics and the room.
If that's the speaker placement used when you listen to 2-channel, then the systeam can't possibly sound its best. I'll bet that they need to be closer to rear wall, potentially further apart and towed-in. Seldom should they be equadistant from the rear wall because the SPL will differ on either side, due to room differences beyond the speakers.

A Sumiko Master Set will move you from enjoying 80% of the system's potential to close to 100%. You'll be amazed. People here seem to think I'm crazy when I talk about the Master Set, but IMHO it's the most cost effective thing that you can do.

Yes, that room does look pretty lively. You may benefit from some absorbtion on the sides and in front of the speakers on the floor, BUT you've got to set the speakers first before you add room treatments.

Dave