joy killing refridgerator

How many of you actually have to turn the friggen thing off.Just bought brand one new hoping it would be quieter....wrong.Oh well just curious what others experiences are.
digsmithd
I have a 72 avacado color refridge.[Almost NOS]Totally quiet and very cold.Never hear it 8 ft away from listening position,Don't hear it when in the Kitchen either.They just don't make'em like they used to.JD
Got so mad at mine I would unplug it.Drove me nuts!Not so nice when I forgot to plug it back in a few times.
So I bought the quietest one I could find an 'LG'.
Fours years old and still can't tell whether its on or off.
Silence is Bliss !
Still can't figure out how to quiet down the cats.
Uh,oh,I'll be sure to get some response about the cats.

Cheers,Peter
Fortunately, my 'fridge doesn't contribute to the line noise, as I'm using very good power cords and conditioners. But for critical nighttime listening, I can hear the audible compressor hum [I live in a small place!], so that gets tuned off, via the breaker box. I also have to shut down the A/C...not too comfortable in the summer desert heat, especially when running a pair of Class A biased tube monoblocks...used in a near-field listening set-up!
I have an open concept living area so my kitchen is pretty much open and to the side of my stereo room. I just replaced my old noisey fridge and dishwasher with very quiet models. I was looking specifically for quite (low db level) appliances. Makes a huge difference. Can't hear a thing when the music is playing.
I just went through the same thing. Researched as much as possible --bought a model that was touted as "quiet." NOT. I also have to turn off the pilot light in my gas fireplace because of the hiss. And then there's always the incessant scream of leafblowers and hedge trimmers. I dream of large acreage in Montana. Good luck in your search for quiet.