Back in the saddle again

After seven fat years in my home office, I am forced to rejoin the skyscraper office denizens. I have an enclosed office and do not care for extended and daily ear phone use.

I need music through the day, lest I find myself doing unproductive, yea, nigh on to worse things.

I find an unexpected tolerance to popping a cd into the workstation drive. I worry that a nice little shelf system won't show me as a bigger crackpot that I already am. I mean by that, listening to piano is unheard of. I have the space for it, but not the courage. And it must not impede my work in the sense that people drop in to talk about work. I do not mind them knowing I am playing music. I mind them minding that I do.

I had a computer speaker playing solo piano the other day. A woman came into my office and, after transacting business, stopped on her way out. She cocked her head to the sound, smiled, and pronounced it nice.

She later said that althoiugh she knows what a piano is, and kinda recognized the sound, that she never heard one by itself. Now I lend her one every few weeks. And we have begun to talk. Beyond work.

How odd am I and how should I go to sustain my music in the office?
aceto
I have to have a system in my office. I can get away with i though, and I can play whatever I want. Doors come in handy! Got Jethro Tull "Crest of a Knave" on right now... unfortunately only a CD based system, but I have a tuner at work, which I don't have at home.

When it's too hot I don't use the integrated tube unit, but resort to the hard drive on the computer...

O

o

I am not surprised that this grimey bunch would ignore the question in favor of the chick. You would not have if you saw her. Not by my pen anyway.
More to discover