DIY CDP Platform...

Hey guys,

I have 4 Spikes and I want to make a platform for my CDP. I would like the platform to use the spikes as feet and the CDP sit on top. I am wondering what kind of material I should use?

I was thinking Wood or maybe Marble...I'm not sure but some suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
baroque_lover
Go online and order a Maple cutting board," Boose Blocks ". Rock Maple 2" thick and stable. About $75. You already have the feet.Should work awesome!
Can I suggest a sand box.Picture a drawer.Make a shallow one with mitre corners for finish look.3/4" sided ply works very good.Put a bottom.Attach everything with glue and nailgun.Create one floating shelve,by cutting a slightly undersized plywood the size of the box minus 1/8" overall.
You could go with double compartments.One holds sand the second on top holding a bicycle innertube a little under inflated.Your spikes go on the bottom.
Best of luck
George
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?accstwek&1153183828

These are selling at Marshalls in their kitchen department for under $30.00
Audiobugged,
Glad you noted that.
I don't mind people trying to make a profit but it is NOT a "Custom" isolation platform!!!
It is a bamboo cutting board that is super dense - think rock hard maple. It should work great as the basis for an isolation platform! Add spikes or make it part of a sandwich or in a sandbox or whatever and you just saved a load of money over the real "custom" setups!
But get the word out that you can buy them yourself at MArshall's or TJ Maxx or the Homegoods store for ~$30 like you said. They even have different sizes and thicknesses to suit your fancy.
Hello M297904,

Yes it's 2" thick solid Amber colored Bamboo. They retailed for $80.00, but Marshall's had them in their kitchen department at like $29.95. I had to hit 3 Marshall's locations to find 3 of them, and with gas prices as they are still a worthwhile venture. Since discovering the huge array of cutting boards at Marshall's about a year ago, my Wife has no issues getting me to go. I normally hover right to the kitchen dept., and have had some great cutting board finds between $12-$30. I am using some spare Audiopoints I had laying in a drawer under 2 of them. I now own more cutting boards in my 3 systems then Emeril Lagasse has in his kitchen, and yes points make a "BAM" of a huge improvement!

TJ Maxx, and Homegoods... Huh, Thanx for the Tip however I hope my Wife doesn't think I'm a Crossdresser if I start to come home and venture directly into the listening rooms with TJ Maxx bags?