What should be the terms between buyer and seller

I am contemplating buying from a member who has posted no threads and has 6 positive transactions (three of which look to be cable and one a pre amp) He will accept only personal check or money order. This deal would be for speakers over 6K. I have only one feedback as a buyer. What should be the terms to protect both parties?
I can do pay pal or credit card or whatever. Two packages at 200 lbs each, I think rules out UPS. Please help. I am new at this.
128x128gammajo
Post removed 
Good advise given so far but it's not a 100% gauranteed that all will work out! There are only two things that matter with this deal, the seller getting his/her money and you getting the speakers, simple! A few things that could go wrong, shipper destroys the speakers, shipper refuses to pay any claims, seller says I packed them good but don't know how the shipper could damage them, you send the money and never hear anything again from the seller. Don't get me wrong as I'm sure this could be a perfect deal and no problems happening but one must be prepaired for the unknown! Good Luck
Totally echo what Jea48 states.200 lbs. should really be left to Bax Global.Your really stretching your luck with that kind of weight regardless of how the monetary end goes down.Everyone has their comfort level and operates differently,so I wont bore you with mine.If their was 1 sure-fire option we would all do it that way.There isnt....so do your homework and best of luck,Bob
Thank you all for your helpful responses. It gives me a good overview of the lay of the land.
Joe
Viridian, when's the last time you made a phone call for a dime? Man you must be old. Actually I remember pay phones in Louisianna costing a nickle. Now I use my cell phone with free long distance.
Best advice is talk to the guy.