Audio Tweak gone bad...similar experiences?

Hello,

As I said in a post earlier this morning, my right channel of my Classe DAC-1 has stopped working...I think I know what happened. I found a penny and placed it on top of my right channel speaker in hopes to "improve" the sound...Something that I was inspired by after reading some of the posts on Clever Little Clock. Got myself an atomic clock in my listening room which seems to help, so I was wondering if other things would help as well...Come to find out I think that the penny ruined my DAC! I have no other explanation for it other than that, so DAMN, that will be the last time I try that!

Peace,
Ben
bearotti
Sorry I was not more specific...the penny was heads up when I found it...I found it on my birthday and it desplayed my birth year...I thought it was supposed to be a GOOD thing, you know, like the stars being in alignment or something. It would seem not though.
Bearotti,
1982, 1982, if I remember here in the USA we were in the mist of a recession. Of course you would of been to young to remember. Inflation was starting to raise it's ugly head, commodity prices were soaring. Copper prices were soaring as well.

The US Treasury Department faced with the inflated cost of copper and silver ordered the US Mint to come up with an alternative to using copper and silver in coins.

Synthetic copper. Pennies made in 1982 were made of synthetic copper.

Kryptonite, thats right, Krypotonite was used as a bonding agent in the 1982 synthetic penny. Though in a very small amounts it was present in the bonding agent.

Millions and millions of these synthetic pennies were made in 1982.

In 1983 Sony introduced the first consummer CD player. Here in the US it sounded like crap. Sony could not understand why their CDP sounded so poorly in the US. To make a long story short Sony discovered small traces of Kyrptonite in the DAC of the CDP. This was effecting the clock in the CDP. Problem is it took Sony several years to discover the problem, not until the early 90s. Where was the Kyptonite comming from? All those millions and millions of 1982 pennies. Everybody was carrying them around in their pockets.

The US government and Sony has kept this secrete from the public. The US government has been trying to destroy all of the pennies made in 1982.

Turns out Cdc was somewhat correct in his post after all.

The fact that the 1982 penny was placed on top of the right speaker had nothing directly to do with the failure of the DAC. Just being in the vicinity of the DAC caused the DAC to fail. Kryptonite!!
=============

How did I discover this cover up? Through the USDOJ: Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
========