Paypal question-pin number

Please tell me if the recent request for a debit card including the pin number is legitimate?
Thanks, Ed
dred
never give your pin number to anyone. doing so will void any protection from fraud. even the issuer of your pin number will never request it.
Ed is correct. Forward the e-mail to [email protected] which is Paypal's security e-mail address. They will authenticate the e-mail or tell you it is fraudulent. I'll bet it is the latter.

BTW, I got a timely "fishing" e-mail last week that looked very authentic. I got it the same day I closed an auction on eBay and it looked like an authentic Paypal notification of payment due. I forwarded it to [email protected] and they immediately recognized it as a "fishing fraud".

TIC
In the past couple of weeks I’ve received two requests that looked official, Ebay logos and all asking that I update my account info or it would be suspended. They had me fooled rite up to where the form asked for my pin number. I deleted the form and reported it to EBay. NEVER give out your pin number.
According to PayPal (and eBay for that matter), there is an easy way for you to initially establish the potential legitimacy of such correspondence. If the e-mail is addressed to you personally (i.e. Dear John Smith or Dear David Jones), it probably emanated from PayPal or eBay. If, however, you are addressed by such vague or universal terms as "Dear Valued Member" or "Dear PayPal Member" etc., then it is definitely not legitimate. The advice to send the questionable correspondence to [email protected] or [email protected] is absolutely correct. You will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
Post removed