Testicle Tumor

I hope the moderators approve this.
I was diagnosed yesterday with a testicle tumor, I will have surgery on Friday and have my left thing extracted. It will be one week till I know if it's a ''good'' or bad tumor and I'm really scared.
Have any of you gone through this ?...and please if you've lost someone due to this please don't tell me.
foxtrot
I can't help you but I really think you should contact the folks at Lance Armstrong's foundation. Good luck, it's frightening I know.
Post removed 
Post removed 
Foxtrot, I understand you must be anxious as hell, and there's no getting around it. Many of these palpable lesions seen on ultrasound turn out to be benign, and even those that aren't are usually of a very, very treatable cell type (e.g., Lance A who had stage 4 metastatic disease), and only rarely (and usually in much older men) do these turn out to be resistant to treatment.

The other thing is urologists are very conservative, and they prefer taking out lesions that even look benign on US, mostly because you only need one to make hormones, and you can never be 100% certain something isn't malignant until the pathologists looks at it under the scope.

Anyway, get your rest, try to take it easy, and wait for results before getting too worked up - knowing the odds do favor you, both in terms of it being totally benign or a very treatable malignancy. Dr. Art
More to discover