iPad "Remote" App for iTunes

Introduced to me by Mezmo, this free Apple app looks through the iPad to iTunes and all the music on my Mac Mini.

Therefore, from the comfort of a chair across the room, one can browse the entire selection of music, see all the cover art AND adjust the volume.

Although I am not yet sure how this affects the sound - particularly the use of the volume control - this has otherwise solved my Mac to DAC to amp problem, where for this one source, I no longer need a preamp, nor a DAC with an attenuator.

For comparison's sake, I have ordered an Antelope Zodiac + DAC (with attenuator) and will report back with any interesting findings.

For general use, surfing an iTunes collection, the remote app seems useful for anyone who also has an iPad.
cwlondon
Do yourself a favour and get Puremusic, Audirvana or Amarra.
Remote won't work with them but I-Tunes makes your Zodiac+ suffer from severe 'garbage in- garbage out' digititis.
Try Screens or Mocha VNC as an Ipad support instead of Remote
It's just a remote, and it in & of itself doesn't affect the sound; but if you're using the volume control built into iTunes it IS affecting your sound. As you turn the volume down, you're losing bits of information.
I believe the remote app was one of the very first apps apple came out with back in 2008. Its a handy little guy.
Antigrunge is wrong: the Remote app will work with all 3 of the products he lists.

And he's right -- any one of those three will make a HUGE difference in your sound.

I personally use Audirvana - but all three are excellent products.
Personally, I like Bit Perfect on the Mac. It's super simple, sounds great, gives you a fair amount of control and customization behind the scenes, and is way less of a PITA than setting up an alternate player to iTunes as far as I am concerned. It sits invisibly on top of iTunes, but essentially castrates it to take over all playback. There's a huge thread about it over at Computer Audiophile (which I can’t seem to link to directly, but worth a quick search of their forums) for anyone that's interested. Have to admit, though, that I've got relatively little experience with Amarra/Pure Music/Audiovirna/etc to know how it compares – but it is itself so useful and easy that I stopped experimenting with other stuff once I found it. Just my two cents.