Mac with USB Dac

Anyone regret selling their CDP and going with a Mac and USB Dac?

What are the sonic benefits with a Mac/dac vs. a CDP?

I am looking at the RWA dac with a Mac. to replace my Lector T3 MK3 CDP.
128x128glory
Agree with above posts.Went to a Mini Mac/Bel Canto Dac3,best move in years,good luck,Bob
JT,

I've been thinking of getting an iTouch to use as a remote. Um, is the thing bluetooth, or does it connect to the wireless network in the home? I assume you can dial up music from anywhere in the house, provided you have Expresses scattered about. But will the iTouch wake the computer like the little white remote can? Oh, and always to read about someone else enjoying Gordon's products!

Thanks.
Sammie

It connects to the Mini. Yes, you can use it anywhere in the house...it's great!

Don't know if it will wake up the computer. I will try.
I think the iTouch is indeed an '802 device.....so range should NOT be an issue.
That is my next project....an Express with optical out to the DA of my CA840c player to the stereo via balanced. Saving allowance money even as I write. If I spend another penny on this hobby, my head will end up on a stick.

If it wakes up the computer, that would be sweet. Talk to one of the experts at the Apple store. They will know or will find out for your, or even arrange a demo.
I use a Mac Mini with a Ultra Fi DAC [ Musicstream ] and Ridge Street Audio cable's and I just love the combo. I have not looked back on a CD player the ease of use and the sound I get has me hooked . The future is computer based and the Mac Mini is one great way to go this is such a fun time to be a audiophile . The internet with places like pandora to find new music than go and buy your new finds and load the CD'S in to the computer or download HiRes music files to your computer what a great time to be a music lover.