Adding a Squeezebox - Upgrading Path?

I am thinking of getting a Squeezebox for my source, cd's are being ripped to Apple Lossless. Would hooking this Squeezebox up to my used Theta Pro Progency DAC make a difference or is this technology surpassed by the stand alone Squeezebox

This is for a small living room system that I am slowly upgrading. Currently it is older Paradigm Titan Monitor speakers, powered by a 10 year old Onkyo receiver and fed by an Onkyo 6 disc changer which has an outboard DAC Theta Pro Progency that we picked up (used) several years ago.

Main system is Vandersteen 2ceSignatures, Classe CAP 151 integrated amp and Classe 1.5 cd player. Vandersteens are too big for the living room.
Can the paradigms handle some major upgrading or should I be looking at speakers as well? We have been listening to Dali Ikon 6's and we're also fond of Totems. Major issue here is that the speaker needs to be quite close to the wall in this room...pulling the Titans another 6 inches from the wall,now they are about 8" from the wall has actually been helpful.

Have been away from reading all the audio mags for a few years and am amazed by the changes such as pc audio........ah yes, the audio bug has bitten again!
Thanks for any and all suggestions..
audiowoman
Thanks, Unclejeff. I added it and I'll try it. I've been using Pandora, Slacker, Rhapsody, and Live Music Archive, as if I need another source, but, you know how it is . . .
--Neil
Okay, this is probably perfectly obvious and perhaps I am just having a senior moment here, but I have a set up question. I will be hooking up a squeezebox to my amp, probably to the "disc" outputs or aux , cd is being used for cd player. Now I want to add my Theta DAC but to the squeezebox only. Where do I hook it up? I know that I will use digital coax cable between Theta and Squeezebox but where do the RCA connectors go on the amp as I do not want the Theta to interact with the Cd Player....?? or does it not connect to amp at all but everything just between the squeezebox and dac...
Just connect the Theta's RCA outs to the Aux in on your amp, assuming your CD player still occupies the CD in's on your amp. Quite honestly apart from Phono in and Tape out all the other RCA in's on your amp or preamp are fair game.
You did not mention a pre or integrated amp so i assume you will be using the volume control on the Squeezebox
Integrated amp will be used. So then I use the aux for between the Theta and the amp. then the Squeezebox goes into another line level....and it is connected to the Theta and so to play the Squeezebox with the Theta engaged I use the aux button on amp. Meaning that if i want to hear the Sqeezebox on its own I use the button for whatever I hooked the Sqeezebox too - for example there is a disc setting on this amp...
Thanks, Audiowoman
The squeezebox should not be directly connected to the integrated amp. Always run it through the Theta. If you want to hear it without an outboard DAC remove the Theta from the chain.
If you like you can make the connections as you suggested but i suspect you will pick up distortion and noise. Some network music servers disengage the analog out when the Digital is engaged; i am uncertain whether the squeezebox will do the same