$10 vs $100 power plug

Can anybody actually hear the difference between a $10 & a $100 power plug?
A $300 one?

For the record, I'm not saying otherwise; I'm just curious. I have a HARD time spending that kind of $$ on a plug (not to mention justifying it to my better half).
m_snow
How about hard wiring? Direct bolting onto or even soldering the wires of a wall outlet or the power conditioner?
Hospital grade Hubbel plugs are sold at digikey, newark and mouser catalogues for $low-teens. Audiophile grade ones are just the same only with different price, color, design and name. Stay away from cryo'd ones. Less-likely they show any evidence of cryogenic treatment.
Most people don't realize that the AC outlets on their prized line conditioner is put together with AC outlets that are of the .49 cent variety, and the wire attaching to it is contacting a surface the thickness of a credit card, and loose contact at that. I changed my line conditioners outlets and they too were of this variety. I have changed many home AC outlets, and you can easily see the results of a "bad connection" with the tell-tale marks of heat up the wire with the blueish discoloration, the brittle insulation which has been heated far too long, and the impending wall fire. This is the start of many house fires. Bottom line is that there are a lot of variables that are ignored, and the focus is on the "power cord" or some small part of the equation. What good is an 8 gauge cord with credit card contact on the wire inside the conditioner. It is essential to look at the whole equation. Failure to do so results in fixing things which aren't broken. Jallen
Marakanetz wrote,

"Hospital grade Hubbel plugs are sold at digikey, newark and mouser catalogues for $low-teens. Audiophile grade ones are just the same only with different price, color, design and name.

Hospital grade plugs are for hospitals. Hospital grade plugs must conform to standards for reliability and safety - but not sound. And for audiophiles, isn't that really the most important thing? By contrast, Audiophile Grade plugs use better metal conductors than stock plugs OR Hospital Grade plugs.

Marakanetz also wrote,

"Stay away from cryo'd ones. Less-likely they show any evidence of cryogenic treatment."

Why is everyone down on cryo? Cryo'd conductors are better conductors. Hel -loo!