Buzzing from speakers. Where is it coming from?

I can hear buzzing from the speakers's tweeter when I put my ears up to it. Can't hear it from the listening positon. Speakers are Vienna Acoustics connected to a Mcintosh MC402 amp via a Pionner reciever as a pre/pro. The Mcintosh is directly plugged into a wall outlet. The Pioneer is plugged into a Monster power conditioner. I have tried just turning on the Mcintosh with no signal and it still has a buzz. Then tried plugging it into the line conditioner and still buzzing. Lastly, I tried connecting the speaker to the Pioneer and still has buzzing but slightly quieter. The buzzing occures with all speakers. The Mcintosh powers the fronts. The Pioneers powers the center and rears. Any suggetions?
Thanks
vuongd
Magfan,
Very slight hissing from the Pioneer. I didn't try turning up the volume and can only be heard if you put your ears directly up to the tweeter. Yes the buzzing does seem to sound about the same between the line conditioner and the speakers. The line conditioner is from Monster.
Has the conditioner absorbed a few 'zaps'?
Can you swap it out for something.....anything else?

Ear-up-to-tweeter noise? Most people would ignore that, I'm afraid. If it responds to vol control, it is 'part' of the Pioneer. As to if it is 'defective', that's the question......
YES un connect speakers from amp. LISTEN TO AMP TURNED ON. If no buzz-no problem with amp