small room questions

i will soon have a dedicated room for my audio and was wondering if it is possible to get good sound in a 10'x 11' room. i currently have a set of sonus faber toy monitors on stands and a rel t2 sub. the room will be completely bare other then a chair, audio rack, and audio equipment. i have about $600 i can spend on treatments. i have read about setting the speakers diagonally in the room to help cancel room nodes, but dont really know where you would put the sub. anybody been able to tackle a small room with success??
rayray8
If you're treating the reflection points, don't forget to do the ceiling with absorption or diffusion.
Diagonal is perfect. Locate the Sub in the corner, facing the corner, and it will blend with monitor speakers up high.
You can get sound from this room. Put your chair about two feet from the rear wall. Speakers about 2-3 feet out from the back wall and corners. IF possible bub in the middle, second choice right or left side wall 4 feet out from back two 1/2 from corner. Check out ASC for tube traps panels etc... Set your equipment up first. Listen for standing bass waves or boomyness. Most listeners listen to a sun=b WAY TOO LOUD.Cross over at 80HS is a safe bet for your speakers. Small rooms can be great sounding spots. If you have little or no windows even better. Cover windows with HEAVY DRAPES. Tube traps in upper and lower corners is where I would start/ Then a tube trap behind both speakers. Thirdly a sound absorption panel directly behind your speakers. What type of floor. If you have non carpet floor put a rug in front of speakers it shouls come at least to the listening chair. Leave walls behind you LIVE no panels. Room treatments to many are a black art, but to me it is more important than the equipment