Do better ingredients make a better Ground Wire?

We have all heard the slogan "Better ingredients better Pizza". If this is true with Pizza, how about applying this Principal to a DIY Ground wire I pondered. So I set off on a journey to find out if using better ingredients (wire) would make a better ground cable. My finding of course only apply to my system in my listening room using my ears (my wife and my Beagle dog don't count). But they heard the difference as well. To say this was a short trip is an understatement. To say that the two versions I made more than held there own is an even BIGGER understatement. One version uses solid core Silver wire. The other version uses a silver & Palladium mix. I made 4 of each kind, both versions terminated using a pure 8 awg copper spade. Do better ingredients make a better Ground wire. In my system, a very understated YES!!!
jejaudio
People..... my understanding of this thing is that the other end of the wire is not connected to earth ground.(AKA, the safety equipment grounding conductor.) It is not connected to anything.

Example of, I believe.
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/14/146811.html
Post removed 
Hi, I see some members have sighted there concerns about the potential for this DIY ground control to ruin, destroy, or even blow up your amp. This simply is not my experience at all. I put this out to the Audiogon family to share with those who like to tweak and do cheap DIY projects like myself. And I for one like to hear the good bad and indifferent of opinions. Now as far as the ground cables I made or the ones that Audio Prism sells. Both are very simple in design. I just made mine out of different wire and a different spade. And without the unbleached cotton outer jacket. This is far from mystical and the stuff of legends, but I must admit it is strange how well it works (in my system). So all I did was satisfy my curiosity about "better ingredients" with a very cheap tweak that seems very safe to me, and keeps my wallet out of danger.
Sort of like an antenna to pick up more stray electrical interference in my opinion.I'll pass.
Hifihvn, you bring up one of the most if not the most crucial points concerning the DIY ground wire I made. The length. My non laboratory study found that the total length of each cable should be less than 6 inches long. I use two 6 inch long Silver solid core wires in one 8 awg copper spade. So that makes a 3 inch loop in the spade with all 4 ends in the 8 awg copper spade. Total terminated length including the copper spade is 4 inches to 4.5 total length. And I have tried longer loop lengths of 6 inch to 7 inches and the magic (voodoo to some) is gone. Remember a 6 inch loop is 12 inches of cable, and 7 inches loop is 14 inches of cable. I have some that are 2.5 inches loop lenth 5 inch long total cable and they sound better than the 12 or 14 inch cables.