Green, Eco Friendly Class A Monoblocks

Every time the power goes out where I live, I am reminded how much my life and interests revolve around electricity.

So as I contemplate a new house, with a dedicated circuit for audio equipment, I am wondering if there is yet any sustainable, green, or eco friendly technology which could supplement or perhaps even meet the demands of the hungriest audio and video systems.

Could anyone please comment on the latest solar or alternative energy sources which could meet the demands of a traditional high end audio system?

(Not as excited about switching to class D amps and/or renewable iPods.)

Thanks and hope this is of interest to others.

cwlondon
cwlondon
Peter_s,
Water Furnace Envision series (dual-speed versions) will get you a COP of 5 on closed loop, but they are probably the exception as that is the most efficient one out there I think. Disclosure: just based on my research; never bought one or sold one and no economic link to anyone in the business.
Post removed 
Karan Acoustics amplifiers might fit your criteria for 2-channel. They do not draw much current at idle. They also do not get hot.
If I might point out another aspect of 'green', we have an update program that allows any of our older amplifiers or preamps to be updated to the latest level with full warranty reactivation. This helps keep the product from entering the waste stream, prevents obsolescence and supports the resale value.

If you want class A, which IMO is the best-sounding way to go, to keep the energy aspects down you will want a speaker that is high efficiency so you won't have to make a lot of power to run it.
Ralph

Even with a high efficiency speaker though Class A is still not "green" compared to Class D. Right?

My Class A mono blocks use MUCH more electrical then my Class D amp I built.

I used one of these: http://www.amazon.com/P3-International-P4400-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU