What happened to Exact Power

I just wanted to find out what Exact Power was up to these days, owning the SP15A and EP15a, and found a complete new line that seems to have little in common with high end-audio any longer. Does anybody know what happened to the company?
Regards, Florian Hassel
hassel
DM -- first of all thanks ;-)
Second, the only thing I have up my sleeve is lint! I don't work for Exactpower ;-)
Third, Bob basically decided he wanted to make the unit more robust in terms of protecting it (and the equipment plugged into it) from turn-on and turn-off problems (not associated with the basic waveform correction circuitry which works just fine ;-) To that end, he has designed (and patented) some new modules that not only limit in-rush current, but ALSO "remember" the condition of the EP's circuits when the unit is/was turned off. This little trick adds further protection for the unit (and your gear) when the unit is turned back on! BTW, Bob is a very creative engineer IMO ;-)

So having made these improvements/changes, he felt it would be worthwhile to give the EP greater capacity at the same time, and why not? It's such an efficient design to begin with, and with home systems (especially HT) growing larger and larger, that it seemed a no-brainer.

- Neil
This is great news for our hobby.

When I owned an Art Audio PX-25 amp, I asked the company's owner, Joe Fratus, which power cleaner/conditioner/etc. I should get which would not negatively affect the amps performance. He said the only products he had ever used, out of many, which did not constrict dynamics, etc. were EP's.

That's a pretty impressive endorsement, for me because makes superb amps and has an incredibly open mind about matching components.
I have received the following infomation from Middle Adlantic Products Inc. for obtaining Exactpower EP-15A repairs:

1.) The customer needs to call them at 800-266-7225 and request a RA for “Exact Power EP repair”. (I was not provided with an email contact but I'll see if I can get one.)
2.) They will issue a RA number which must be on the outside of the box.
3.) The customer must send it prepaid and of course packed very well. Any info on what the problem is, and how it came to be, will be helpful and should be included.
4.) The customer also needs to provide their contact info so MAP can call or email once the analysis is done, to discuss the repair options and costs.

Repairs will be quoted on a parts and labor basis. This is not going to be a profit center for them, so the rates will be reasonable; they are commited to fully support customers who purchased these units.

Unfortunately, some of the very early models had design flaws which are not repairable. Regardless, if it is just a display problem on an older unit (a common defect) they likely will be able to fix it.

- Neil
In addition to the 800 number, a RA can also be requested using either of the following email addresses:

[email protected]
-or-
[email protected]