does anyone sharpie thier CD's???

its amazing. take a wedge sharpie, and color in the outermost edge of the CD.. then color in the center flat area, and the innermost edge... when you hold the CD up to light, you should not see any coming through..... so actually before you do this, pick a track, turn it up and listen,,,,, then color in the disc, without adjuting the volume, listen again..... i get more volume, calrity and depth...... check this out!!
jonnytanner
Metro04: Dgarretson provides a highly plausible technical reason. Besides, who stands to make a fortune here, Sharpie? The Sharpie folks probably don't even know about this.

I haven't tried this, but I wouldn't condemn those who have and say they hear a difference. It's not as if this represents a huge investment and anyone is going to let children starve because they spent $2.99 on a Sharpie.

Scientists don't have all the answers. Just look at the climate (politically driven) change debate. Lots of scientists know that it's nonsense -- at least where human activity is concerned. What's happening would be happening even if there were no people on this planet.

Enjoy your system! Oh, and be sure to buy some carbon offsets so you won't feel guilty for using electricity that you really don't need to be using.
Science smyence, I think it needs to be required to have a masters degree in science before one is allowed to listen to one's system. We actually need to fully understand every component of the system audio signal as it travels through the system and eventually to the speakers and then our ears.

I think this is mans worshiping at the alter of science as their god. everything has to be explained by science and it sadly trickles down into audio!!!!!. Even a fun hobby of just listening to audio. This is listening to music.

It's time to go back to college!

Freeman: "I think this is mans worshiping at the alter of science as their god. everything has to be explained by science and it sadly trickles down into audio!!!!!. Even a fun hobby of just listening to audio. This is listening to music."

"Trickles down into audio!!!!!"? WHAT?!
Don't know where you've been hiding, but it took "science" to design the first amplifier ever made. Audio equipment, as you know it, is merely an advancing bi-product - cultivated into marketable electronics. Just about every audio manufacturer touts improved scientific attributes over previous models, or the competition's, and is what mainly perpetuates sales.

Are you honestly telling us that you've never read/compared a manufacture's claimed specifications, or read technical explanations for why their product design is superior to another? Every aspect of this evolving hobby encompasses science, whether you realize it or not. To so many audio hobbyists, HiFi may appear to be the electronics frontier, with but a tiny fraction actually understanding HOW electronics work, thus susceptible to influence by the marketing "machine", or documented psychological reasons.

"...back to college!" is right!
It's poetry in motion
She turned her tender eyes to me
As deep as any ocean
As sweet as any harmony
Mmm - but she blinded me with science
She blinded me with science!
And failed me in biology
When I'm dancing close to her
Blinding me with science - science!
I can smell the chemicals
Science!
Science!

FWIW, I can't explain what music does to me....it is magical...like many things in life science has its limits... the explanations fall so short of what we feel!

For those of you who dimiss science, I know where you are coming from...there is so much more to life.

However, green marker on the edge of a disc...this indeed is within the limited realm of science. This is the kind of stuff Science is able to deal with.
Shadorne, you said, "The green marker on the edge of the disc....This is the kind of stuff science is able to deal with." I agree with you; but how does science deal with it when the best color is purple? :-)