does anyone sharpie thier CD's???

its amazing. take a wedge sharpie, and color in the outermost edge of the CD.. then color in the center flat area, and the innermost edge... when you hold the CD up to light, you should not see any coming through..... so actually before you do this, pick a track, turn it up and listen,,,,, then color in the disc, without adjuting the volume, listen again..... i get more volume, calrity and depth...... check this out!!
jonnytanner
Just buy blank CD-Rs to record on, all is done and they sound great, just bought 100 of them not long ago.
To Shardorne's point...
1) is it possible marking the perimeter reduces error and allows more bits to be read resulting in louder volume? (I'm not an EE and have only the vaguest of notions about how CDs work...I'm asking because I want to know...not to be contentious).
2) It'd be great if someone with a sound meter could provide some comparison readings with and without marking.

Also, to Sugarbrie...I'd suggest listening to both copies unmarked first. See if volumes are the same initially.
I don't think it's merely a matter of volume. Anyway, some things cannot be measured. If you have two properly tuned pianos, one a Steinway and the other a cheap upright, and play a middle C, they will register the same on an oscilloscope. Do they sound the same?
shadorne thanks for the lesson, i am quite aware of the power of suggestion, and "PLACEBO" effect,,,, and believe me i tried this on many discs, and always wanted to discover that it was in my mind....... but it is not...... every person i have showed this too, audiophile or not, jumps back in disbeliefe when the colored disc plays..... i think you should try it...... instead of just arm chairing it.... just sayin. :)