Do we believe in Machina Dynamics?

Let's see: we've had the pebbles, the little clock, the turntable platform that includes only some old springs...and now the Contact Paper CD tweek. Do any of us believe in this? I know Geoff's an advertiser, and actually a very nice guy, but come on, fellow audiophiles...this is all the epitome of snake oil! No?
Every idea was tried, and has failed, numerous times. Despite being a nice guy, all he's selling is audio nonsense.
musicseller
How about some facts. How about telling all of us how you preformed your tests.
*What was the audio equipment you used in your test? Tell us about your system, including the ics and speaker cable used.
*Was there any power conditioners used between the audio equipment and the AC power receptacle/s used for the outlet cover plate experiment?
*Was aftermarket or DIY power cords used on any of the audio equipment plugged into the test recept/cover plate?
*Give us some examples of the music you used for your test.
*What were some of the things, from the music material you selected, did you listen for?

We need to know a little about the 120V ac delivery system you used for your test.

* Dedicated branch circuits?
* Just a regular convenience outlet branch circuit?
* Branch circuit wiring method including material used?
Installed in a metallic raceway with a metallic rough-in box?
NM-B cable, (Romex trade name)? Metal or plastic receptacle rough-in box?
Equipment grounding conductor/s, (safety equipment grounding conductor/s)? Connected to ground in the same panel the the branch circuit/s are fed from?
If not as above....safety equipment ground ran to an isolated outside grounding electrode, (ground rod), that is not connected to the main grounding electrode system of the houses main electrical service?

*What receptacle/s are you using?
Brand? Model number?
Does the receptacle have a steel ferrous back strap or a brass non-ferrous back strap?

* Stainless plates used.
Ferrous (magnetic)?
Non-ferrous?
Was a magnet used to check?
*Please tell us how you experimented with the SS plates?
Here I am assuming you preformed you experiments using both ferrous and non-ferrous SS plates.....
When you experimented with the ferrous SS plate did try the plated not only grounded to the safety ground of the outlet but did you also float the ferrous SS plate above ground? Did you varify the back of the plate was not contacting the recept metallic supporting back strap?

And lastly, and I do not mean this as an insult in any way but it must be asked as it a "control" factor for any listening test. I can only guess your age from reading some of your posts, again only guessing, you are in your middle 60s or older. I have had my hearing tested in the last couple of years. When was your last hearing test?

Hmmmm, Jea69. Since when did the scientific method matter to you?

01-01-06: Jea48
Spiro, thank you for your response. The whole thing about an outlet cover plate changing the sound of my system is still a mystery to me, but my ears tell me it is a fact.

Maybe you should cover your tracks better before popping off. Just sayin'
How could i have missed this homage to rigorous analytical thinking:

08-16-04: Jea48
Short answer,yes!When it comes to Audio,I`ll beleive anything out there until proven otherwise!

Does anyone remember Crazy Eddie?
Hi folks, of course these things (like the Brilliant Pebbles and Shakti Hallographs) are nonsense :)
I think there are others that aren't nonsense but their importance is way overrated. Examples: the new WBT RCA plugs. This is a pure marketing strategy presented as a scientific techno babble addressing the importance of the so called tiny Eddy currents. Well in our audio cosmos even the tiniest Eddy currents and distortions matter, but will we ever hear their effects on sound? I don't think so. If one hears diffences, then I'm affraid it is because of the placebo effect.

Chris
Jea48, It's obvious from your questions to Pauly that you have a complete command of the science involving outlet covers - at least I assume that all of the things that you bring up can affect the difference that different outlet covers can introduce into out systems.

Why don't you take a moment and enlighten us on the science involving outlet covers and how all of the variants you bring up can change the differences that they will introduce.

Oh, have you submitted your set up to such rigorous standards? Have you done blind tests? Or do you just hear a difference with your 'dog ears'.
Post removed