Audio only room furnishings?

I have a room in my home that I am starting to use for audio only. Sheet rock walls, 2 doors, hard wood floors and 8 foot ceiling and ONE chair only. Could someone refer me to info as regards treatments that should be made to the floor and walls? Do I need a area ruge? Plain floor and walls??? BTW the room is 14'-0 square. Thanks for the help,

Dean
dean_fuller
You may indeed want a rug in front of the speakers to treat the first reflection points on the floor. I would start with this and the bass traps like Agaffer mentioned. Whether you go with a single chair or couch, I'd suggest finding one without the high back. This may not be an issue if you plan to have the listening position up against the back wall. Also look for stuffed upolstry. That alone can tame alot of reflections. Start with these and then see how it sounds. You can always add what you need, but it's a pain to spend money or time on treatments and then find you don't really them after all.
that square room is going to be a big problem....Agaffer's advice is right on.
Larry
Scott Mayo at Obsession Audio will be able to offer plenty of great tips to get you started. You can reach him at:

[email protected]

He just designed a room for me. Outstanding results and simply a fantastic person to work with. Tell him Randy sent you.