IMAGE PROBLEMS VOCALS OFF CENTER

My image is off center.
I have changed practically everything.
Swapped interconnects, cd players, placed left speaker on the right and right speaker on the left and vice versa. Switched amplifiers, power cables etc etc. The image (noticeable on vocals) is about a foot to the right of center. DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!! I have this gear in an architecturally sound room. It was designed by Obsession AUdio in the U.S. and it is definitely not a room issue. It is not my hearing (as first thought) because others have noticed and confirmed the problem as well. HAS ANYONE ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM?
Could it be an electrical issue coming in to the house????? Is that even possible?
Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Randy
butterscotchmusic
Good question. Don't know the 'scientific' answer.

I have traditionally set up my speakers (of all types) a minimum of 9ft apart and a listening distance of 10 feet, toeing in the speakers to minimize 1st reflection points from the side walls. Sort of got into a rut on this set up and compensated for room induced image shift by moving my listening position a few inches to the right and angling my chair so it pointed between the center and the right speaker.

On a boring, rainy, day I started moving the speakers about and brought them in to about 8ft apart (on speaker centers) and ultimately moved the listening position up to 9 ft. The speakers were pointed straight ahead as opposed to being toed in. Two things occurred. 1) The center image became very sharply focused center image, and I mean very sharply, it wasn't chopped liver before! 2)Apparent depth of image increased substantially, and both improvements came at no loss of stage width.

I called that 'nearfield' as that's about as close as you would want to sit to 4ft high floorstanders with 5 drivers and it seemed to take much of the room effect out of the mid/upper frequencies. I'm still working on it.....
Try treating the 1st reflection points, making sure you have a consistent speaker placement within the room (i.e. centered between the walls). That turned out to be my problem.

Enjoy,
Bob
I don't have a separate pre. (will soon) I have a Cayin TA-30 Tube Amp.
[email protected]
http://www.goodsound.com/equipment/cayin_ta_30.htm

Cross the ics between CDP and the Cayin TA-30.
Left ch out of the CDP, to right ch input of the integrated amp.
Right ch out on the CDP, to left ch input of the intergrated amp.
Is the off center image shifted to the other side? If yes
Post back.

If no, Swap the speaker cables at the Amp.
Right speaker cable to left ch output on the amp.
Left speaker cable to right ch output on the amp.
Is the off center image shifted to the other side?
Post back.
Tried all of your suggestions, no change, vocals still off slightly to the right in all instances. Tried an Arcam Delta 290 tonight in place of the Cayin and image was perfectly centered. Definitely an amp issue. Tried moving the power and pre amp tubes around. No change.