IMAGE PROBLEMS VOCALS OFF CENTER

My image is off center.
I have changed practically everything.
Swapped interconnects, cd players, placed left speaker on the right and right speaker on the left and vice versa. Switched amplifiers, power cables etc etc. The image (noticeable on vocals) is about a foot to the right of center. DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!! I have this gear in an architecturally sound room. It was designed by Obsession AUdio in the U.S. and it is definitely not a room issue. It is not my hearing (as first thought) because others have noticed and confirmed the problem as well. HAS ANYONE ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM?
Could it be an electrical issue coming in to the house????? Is that even possible?
Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Randy
butterscotchmusic
I am now pretty certain that it is indeed a volume issue. Not room related. I started playing with the volume knob and very slowy began to turn it clockwise. The right speakers begins to have sound coming from it before the left channel. I guess that probably means that the right speaker is slightly louder than the left, therefore causing the image to shift sligtly to the right of center.

One more test, cross the ics from the preamp to the power amp.
Right out of the pre to left in on the Amp.
Left out of the pre to right in on the Amp.
Is the off center image shifted to the other side?
Post back.
I had the same problem recently and it was driving me crazy. As it turns out, the problem was the 6SN7 tubes in my preamp. I replaced them and that cured the problem immediately.
"I am now pretty certain that it is indeed a volume issue."

You may be correct but your experiment is flawed.

Most volume controls (potentiometers) have poor channel balance at very low volumes, but have a perfectly acceptable channel balance in the normal listening range. Just because channels are out of balance at low volumes does not mean that they will be out of balance at higher volumes.

Did you try any of the other suggestions ?
Newbee,

Isn't the near-field listening position for speakers 8' OC just under 7', i.e. sqrt of 64-16?

db
VOLTAGE! Well, my problem similar stemed from I have MONO blocks originally, and found left was more prominent than right, a portion of this was listening position, but guess what I found later? That one amp was getting a different voltage than the other, the bias was then imbalanced to the 2 different channels, even with the same power cords, and this happened more when I plugged both amps into the same circuit with common ground than plugging them into 2 totally different circuits, I guess the draw on the same circuit caused part of this, or that the PReamp running was also off from its voltage, I don't really know, but it could be electrical in your voltage drop.. You did not really say what you run, but if its tubes, or Dual mono stereo, or Mono blocks it could be this simple.. But room acoustics and Hallways closer to one speaker than the other have caused this in my experience as well. Good luck