Electrical fields

I am thinking of moving my equipment rack to a different side of my listening room (which is in my basement). Just when I find the perfect spot, I realize it is only a couple feet from my house electrical breaker box (150amp service-power company meter in the basement next to the box). How far would I need to be, or what could I use to shield the box, to prevent any electrical field from it affecting my component rack/cable runs?

Thanks.
Art
aveloguy
Hmmm, I wonder if it would be possible to build a steam powered stereo & move to a remote part of Montana?
Happy listening all!
Maybe he's got a thing about the bunny commercials?
(Just kidding TWL, whoever you might be).

If your breaker box has a steel enclosure, then you should be good to go at 2’. You can shield the magnet more effectively with any steel that sticks to a magnet.
There are conductors or busswork on industrial equipment which can be carrying hundreds or thousands of amps. A low level input signal termination can be found within two feet of computer equipment. Whenever possible, try not to run stereo cables in parallel with current-carrying conductors. Fore more info check my website electriciansnyc.net