room setup

I have read several articles including Cardas and the audio perfectionist about room/speaker setup. After many hours of trial an error I have come up with an optimum placement of the speakers.

Practicality dictates that my TV be setup between my speakers about 2 feet behind the front of the speakers. As we all know practicality simply goes out the window with our affliction. It seems to me that not only threoretically but in reality the TV becomes a reflective surface producing negetive imaging, etc. I will probably start experimenting, but its really not easy to move the 32 inch TV and the cabinet that it sits on. Any one want to weigh in on this?
kyneo
part 2

Ok ....everybody including me thought it would be reflective.After hitting my instrument ,it turned out to be ...absorbing the sound ,just lke a matress or bed would.It is therefore a huge issue with low frequencies ,because it acts like a bass trap + overall absorber...hope it helps....It is after all a big hollow box!!
Sorry, I did read the post backwards. It makes sense now. I'm with everyone else. A blanket works good (thick) for listening sessions. Although, I tend to accept the lack of soundstage in order to watch tv while listening sometimes.
In my old room (a dedicated LEDE room) I had some Infinity Prelude MTS set up and sounding amazing. The depth is something I'm still trying to acheive in my new room. Anyway, we decided to add a 36" Sony WEGA HDTV monitor to turn it into a theater. The monitor was placed between the speakers and the imaging went to hell. I tried experiments with draping a big heavy blanket over the monitor to try to get the imaging back and was only marginally successful. Then I had an idea to create a "stealth shroud" around the monitor. I took a pair of window screens that were close the the side dimensions of the monitor and glued Sonex foam to them. Then attached them to each other using some 3/8" dowels across the top of the monitor (turning it into a sort of cage around the monitor). I put a few Sonex panels on top of the dowels but left enough space on top and at the bottom of the screens so that air could still flow. This improved the imaging immensely. It wasn't quite like the monitor wasn't there but it was close.
After I painted my old apartment, the first thing I set up was the stereo. Moved in the couch, rug, set up the speakers and let it warm up. The imaging was beyond belief. Not only did images actually jump out at you, but they materialized ubove & below the speakers. Living conditions dictates that you cannot have a seperate room for a stereo, and another for video, but this would be ideal conditions.
Everybody has this problem in a normal livivg situation. The only recorse is to move the speakers as far out as possible. Now I don't mean the speakers should be in front of your face, this will depend on the size of the room. People say drape a blanket in front of your TV, but then your friends start to look at you funny. just learn to live with it unless you can afford a dwelling with a seperate TV room.