Perhaps we should stick with midfi...

I just bought a $60,000 system with big names like krell, Audio Research, Mcintosh, B&W 802 D speakers, Sony SACD, Transparent wires, etc, and I get more enjoyment from my sub $1000 I put together used with ADS speaker, NAD monitor pre amp, Onkyo Integra M-504 power amp, Toshiba SD-9200 DVD player (as CD and DVD).

I am thinking I should have stopped with my midfi system now...

Anyone else have similar sentiments, or is my ear not golden enough to hear the difference yet?
gonglee3
The carpet is not the same in both rooms. One room has a light grey carpet and the other has a off white throw carpet over soltio tiles. If you zoom, the profile of the baseboards is different. The room with the B&W speakers has a "show room" vibe to it. Having been in thousands of homes over my life time and quite a few Hi-Fi show rooms, this is my opinion.

Your listening room is well kept because you have a lot of respect and care for your hobby. I imaging you dust and vacuum on a regular basis in your listening room. Also, you have great respect for your equipment no matter what room it's in.
I can tell by the thread count of the carpet that it is likely Mowhawk brand. The paint on the walls of the two rooms is Lowes brand Valspar Ultra Premium Eggshell Finish Standard paint.

Genetic testing could not be done. ;)
Seriously, this is ridiculous! If I were to get analytical, I'd say the color of the wall plates for the switches and outlets seem consistent which would indicate to me that the pics are not of two different locations. Increasing magnification of the second pic with the newer system, it seems the color of the carpet and paint are consistent with the first. It could even be that the dark protruding edge off to the right in the second pic may be the same tile seen in the first. Please also note that there is a diminutive white molding along the floor, which is detectable in both pics. The odds that these characteristics converge in two different locations is extremely small. I'd say the man is telling the truth. If I'm wrong, then at least I've had a good time playing detective.

But really, what a joke how this whole thread has gone. :(

Gonglee, I would be interested in having you update here how your testing with other components goes.

Well, both pictures were taken by the same camera, a Panasonic DMC-FZ30 and uploaded to photo bucket on the same day, 8/17 at 11:54pm. On both my calibrated NEC LCD3090W-BK-SV and Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC monitors the carpets look different. Though, the wall plates do look consistent. The dark edge appears to be a step. Could the B&W system be in the basement? Maybe an addition. Yes, I could be wrong and I also enjoyed playing detective.
I took a different route in playing detective and tried to figure out the value of the bike in the pictures found on the link so see if the OP could afford the systems described. I wasn't able to figure out exactly what model it was as the name on the forks seems to be assessory type stuff and not a bike model. Maybe the bike is a fake as well?

Note: I'm not intending to discount the OP's story, just joining in the recent detective work since it appeared to be fun.