WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor

Much has been written in these threads about the dreaded WAF, or wife acceptance factor. It usually entails making a compromise, or not getting that perfect speaker, or amp, or ... Well you get the picture.

But tell the truth guys. Haven't there been times when wifey actually helped?

In my case, I casually mentioned to my wife that the picture quality of my front projector would be much improved if I could better cotrol the light in the den. So what did she do?

She put up nice thick curtains. It not only blocks the light and makes the den like a cave, it also improves the diffuse surround sound field with the absorptive material. What a gal!

Would love to hear your stories. :o)
kinsekd
I would divorce your sister-in-law. My bedroom has all kind of frilly crap, 18 pillows, I have 1/4 of the closet, and she has totally invaded my office, and wife and the designer put my Wayne Gretsky/Gordie Howe autographed pic in my office bathroom. I have zero kitchen privileges, all acceptable tradeoffs to get my MBLs in the living room. Some things just ain't worth compromising:)
ohhh one other thing. I don't tell my wife what the equipment costs, but, I never ask what she does with HER paycheck...seems to work for us
Ever think of the old audio equipment you have or had and how good it was and the found memories you had with it ? Ever do the same with an ex wife..... there is your answer!!!
Chrisla,

When that event happened (to my brother-in-law) I told my wife that if she ever felt that she should move my gear out on the porch, just tell me and one of us would pack up and leave!
And her response was that she would never do that to me,
The good ones are hard to find.
Dapom
I just literally walked in the door with a brand new pair of B&W DM603 S3's in Sorrento within the last 2 hours of this writing. I am now playing her favorite CD by David Benoit (Here's to you Charlie Brown). Actually it sounds tremendous. She immediatley liked the new speakers! All of sudden her comments about their size and the fact that the grill covers are off which she first balked at went away. It could still come back but for now at least, I'm in good shape!!