Dead Can Dance 2012 Tour

Went to see Dead Can Dance last evening at the Kimmel Center in Philadelphia.They are out in support of their latest release "Anastasis". Two 2 song encores, and a final single song encore.

Absolutely stunning performance, including a nice mix of old and new material. If they are playing anywhere near you, and you like their musical style, you owe it to yourself to catch a show.

I took my 15 year old daughter and she really enjoyed it.
slipknot1
Doctor M-
good to hear from you! Hope all is well.

Harris4crna-
I am partial to "The Serpent's Egg", and a live set "Toward the Within". "Into the Labyrinth" is probably one of the more popular with audiophiles as the song "Yunlinga" has become a staple demo track.

Their current tour has been opening with two tracks from the new lp and then some older material. If you have the ability (as we did) to see them in an environment that has great acoustics, they are taking great pride and effort in getting the live sound really dialed in. A very surreal two hours.
I attended the show at the Kimmel Center and agree with Slipknot1. They are definitely a band that deliver the goods live. I was also surprised to see the goth scene still going strong after all these years. There were quite a few fans dressed in their sartorial splendor.
Beacon Theatre in NYC is great, but Radio City where I've seen them 10 years ago is simply the BEST.
Thafler-

I was surprised at some of the outfits. Did you happen to see the woman in black lace with the horns in her hair?
No, I would have loved to seen that. I did see lots of black lace though - it was like an Addams Family convention.