How many albums do you need ?

I have a large collection of CDs but still find myself staring at the shelf sometimes deciding what to play next and thinking i need to buy more discs. I suspect that no matter how many you have, you always need more. Your thoughts ... ?
mike60
I have 700 commercial cd's + at least 1000 from podcast shows including the Roadhouse Podcast, the finest blues you never heard.
im a vinyl guy ,so about 300 400 ALBUMS that i NEED and they are worth...i dont think good on albums witch has 2 3 good songs and would never buy them regardles of good sound...so physicaly i dont need more than that number cuz i dont want to buy album becuz im a possesion freak...dont see whats the point to have few 1000 of vinyls or cds if you are not posession freak(believe me i know that feeling well despite i enjoy music)...you cannot properly listen to it all...rest of the music i have on my exter hard disc and thats enough...if i had few millions more probably i would have huge vinyl collection becuz i love it but i coudnt listen to it all properly as i said...
My thinking: you pay 21 dollars to see a movie as a couple, and that is hit and miss on a best day.

With Spotify and iTunes, you can easily preview any album out there before commiting to a purchase. It makes it fail safe.

I really like to keep my collections to a few hundred albums and CDs. With Spotify, I make weekly lists, which I listen to on my PC while I work. I really enjoy CDs in the car over more compressed formats.