Favourite ECM Titles

We all know ECM is releasing some amazing music both in sound quality as well as "Musical Value"!

They have released a bit over 1200 records if I am not mistaken!

What is your favourite ECM title?
argyro
Karelfd, I just discovered "Australian Didgeridoo Music Shop" online. Check it out and give me your opinion. You now have the title of "Didgeridoo expert".
Duh! You caught me Orpheus10, I am also known as Mick the Didgeridologist. Any normal evening you can find me didgering a few doons in the twilight sky, scaring the heck out of northern Frankfurt's collective population.

Seriously though, looks like a decent place to get some music. I listened to a number of tracks, in general they seem to be more palatable to a much broader public than the ones I mentioned yet avoiding to become too pop-y and insipid. Do we have a 'phile from Down Under in the audience who could tell us how close to the real thing something like "Didgeridoo Groove" might actually still be?

And talking about unusual instruments, I'd like to point once more to the Hadouk Trio with the fantastic Didier Malherbe (e.g. on "Baldamore" with doudouk, khen, djembé, derbouka, gumbass, hajouj, ... oh well check it out yourselves: Baldamore live, a great recording to hear what your system is capable of in terms of a multitude of different timbres btw.)

OK, next time I come to this forum, I promise to get back to ECM.

Have I got a report for didgeridoo lovers! I went to the library and got the "real deal". You know it the instant you hear it. The sound is like a huge deep drone coming from who knows what, it's "otherwordly". This deep modulated "drone" and sticks that click in that aboriginal rhythm pattern, plus the sound of birds and insects in the background puts you square in the Australian outback with the tribe. They are the most unique people to inhabit the planet.

Allow me to diverge for a moment. A long time ago, I read a book written by an anthropologist who lived with the Aborigine in the 1800's. This is when their original culture was intact. According to her, if someone was a long distance away, they communicated "telepathically".

These very deep modulated "drone" sounds and clicking sticks communicate to me, what is the essence of the Aborigine spirit. I've listened to it over and over, it puts me in a trance. This is for the "didgeridoophile" only, while "Didgeridoo Groove" is fantastic music that I believe others who have posted on this thread could enjoy. Both are available on line; go to "Kado CD's" "Didgeridoos" sound of the Aborigine for "the real deal" and "Didgeridoo Music" for the groove.