The old timers give the young'ns tips on the 60s.

I love the music of the 60s...it was such a magic time musically. Unfortunately I wasn't born yet. Of course, we young'ns know about the greats....CSN, Jefferson Airplane The Doors, Neil Young, CCR, the obvious ones...but it took me awhile to find Moby Grape, Richie Havens or Nick Drake. How about some tips of some great sixities music that somehow has dropped off the radar.
issabre
20 responses in the first day! Thanks, you've given me a lot to chew on... Let me see which one is first...the Blues Project might be first...

It's too bad I came along after Jefferson Airplane had morphed into Starship... just my luck.
To understand that era you need Early to Mid Dylan in your collection. If you want to truly connect to my period then I suggest you read back to back: On the Road then Electric Kool Aid Acid Test. R.I.P Neil Cassady
"Love"-Forever Changes. One of the best Psychedelic Albums of all time and on everyones top 10 rock albums of all time list.Love's 1st 4 albums were great!Arthur Lee's Psyhedelic Band.
The Allmans Live at the Fillmore East is certainly not off the radar being one of the best Live rock albums of them all....JD
Suzi Quatro

Grand Funk Railroad

Sly and the Family Stone

Mountain

Young Rascals

Qucksilver Messenger Company

Yardbirds

Byrds

The Animals

Dave Clark Five

Traffic

The Supremes

Simon & Garfunkle

James Gang
Check out Hot Tuna also, If I remember right that was Jefferson Airplane minus Grace Slick when she was having a baby.