Mark Knophler; recommended music??

Hi. I have been listening to music, mostly rock, for the past 35 years, but I'm fairly new to the high-end audio hobby. I have put together a very satisfying system consisting of an Arcam CD player; Cambridge Audio 840 upsampling CD player; Odyssey Audio Stratus Extreme amp; Parasound Line-Drive preamplifier, Meadowlark Shearwater "Hotrod" loudspeakers, and an RBH passive sub with outboard RBH crossover/amplifier. Audioquest solid core speaker cables and interconnects all around. Sound = phenominal. Now I need to discover additional artists and genres to better appreciate all this fine equipment. Thus far my favorite is Dire Straits, and surprisingly, Mark Knophler's solo work even more so. "Sailing to Philidelphia" and "Golden Heart" may be my two most-enjoyed discs now. Are there other artists out there with similar sound? I have discovered Diana Krall, and love her piano. Basically, I like jazz/rock/blues that emphasize percussion, acoustic guitar, and clean electric guitar (much like Knophler/Straits). Any suggestions?? Many thanks.
klipschking
My favorite is Knopfler with the Notting Hillbillies- "Missing ... presumed having a good time"

Decent recording and great music
Yep, Sailing into Philadephia is great. A little background vocals from James Taylor I believe also.
I love "Sultans of Swing" live on the Dire Straits album "Alchemy"!
For something else...I love the guitar solo on "Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)" by Pink Floyd. David Gilmour is great.
I Love Dire Straits. Other suggestions to try:

Mofro: Lochloosa
Gov't Mule: Dose
George Thorogood and the destroyers: the baddest of
Johnny Lang: Lie to me

All hard hitting and fun!
Many great suggesions here. Other MK albums not miss are his duo album with Emmylou Harris "All the Roadrunning," and the remastering of many of hits on "The Best Of Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler; Private Investigations." Superb sound quality.

Also, Highly recommended is the VHS version of Mark's "Knight In London" concert with much of the music from the 'Golden Heart" album, some Dire Straits standards with his new band with Richard Bennett, Glen Worf, etc. and a phenomenal version of Sultans of Swing with a breathtaking extended solo guitar riff toward the end of that cut. For some reason the DVD version of that concert foolishly left out Sultans of Swing on the disk; really shortsighted ommission of the producers. Also, surprisingly, the sound on the VHS version is far superior to the DVD.
You can usually find the VHS version inexpensively (>$10)online. If not, contact me at:
[email protected]
Sounds like we have similar musical tastes. If I hear from you I'll assemble a list of CD suggestions.