Stewart Copeland, Incredible

While enjoying Reggatta de Blanc recently the drumming really caught my attention. I would say that Copeland's percussion is the highlight of the album. He plays the drums on his high-hat better then most and never fails to add just the right amount of flair to what could be considered pretty simplistic melodies.
I used to own a green copy of his mini album which was released under the name Klark Kent. A great drummer for sure.
dreadhead
>>I am pretty sure it was on the vinyl album I had<<

It was not on the original US release of the album which happens to be a terrific recording BTW.

Great sonics.

Even "Mother", a total dog, sounds good.
It may have been on a 45 rpm I bought. And yes you could find great sounding North American Vinyl - just I found it hit and miss - whilst Japanese recordings were almost always oustanding. Anyway it was a long time ago and although everybody dismisses this sound because of its unpolished feel - I found it was teh best on teh entire album principally becuase it demonstrated Stewart's amazing talent on drums.

I also remember hearing Message in a Bottle for teh first time and thinking WOW that is such a simple boring childlike nursery rhyme melody but Stewart Copeland's drumming just carries the entire thing - making it a huge hit.
Agreed, Copeland is a great drummer. Murder by Numbers was not on my North American Vinyl, I had to buy it on a 45.
Post removed 
Strange coincedence...Im currently returning to the Police as well...what an amazing group...they had a unique combination of pop sensibilites and progressive innovation...with Copeland being a key componet...for what it is worth...the 03 remasters are extremely well done...very lively with punchy bass...also have Police on wax and that sounds very good as well...cant go wrong my friends! Fave track"Bed is too big"...enjoy