Any experience with Esoteric K-05?

I have an aging Cary Audio 306 SACD and thinking about a replacement soon. The K-05 is in a similar price range (at around US$8k) and I wondered whether there was any experience out there with this relatively new machine?

I would be interested in hearing from owners or people who have auditioned the Esoteric K-05. What are the players strenghts and weaknesses? What are its sonic traits? If you listened and did not buy - why not?

The rest of my system is a Gryphon Diablo integrated amp, Raidho Acoustics D-2 (diamond) speakers and Nordost Valhalla cables. Thanks!
kiwi_1282001
I've owned the K-05 for the last 3 months. It is. Beautifully made player. Cosmetics and mechanics are terrific. Quiet player. Top is extended and detailed yet non fatiguing. Terrific soundstage. Bottom end is controlled and with adequate detail. A very musical and satisfying player.

The K-05 replaced an Oppo 83se and ARC DAC8 in mys system. Yes, to my ears, the Esoteric sounds better than the Oppo/ARC combo.

Mike
Thanks for the comments Zd542 and Ritmo.

I like the look of the Esoteric players - particularly the K-05. The K-01 and K-03 look like they have eaten too many steak pies :-)

Still, it is sound quality that counts and I will be auditioning.

Considering you have one of the world's most revealing speakers and one of the best integrated amplifiers, I would go for an even higher quality source.

The K05 is a lower quality version of the K03 and even though it has superior resolution to the Cary, I would still like to see you with an player matching the lofty intentions of your system.
As much as I like the K-05, if I could do this all over again, I would seriously consider the K-03. I feel the 05 is outstanding at its price point and a top contender in the sub $10K price point. The K-03 is better but the price is 30% more as well.

Mike