Improving sound quality of streaming setup

Audiogoners have a gazillion different approaches (hardware & software) to streaming music. I'm an older, non-techie audiophile (no smartphone, iPad, etc) and most of this stuff is over my head. Currently streaming my cd library using iTunes (lossless) on my HP desktop thru an Apple Time Capsule (HD/router) to a Zardoz (a hot-rodded Apple Airport Express from France) which is connected to my pre. I'm open to any suggestions on how to improve sound quality of my cd library, provided it's relatively simple to set up and is affordable.
rockyboy
Mas1951, your findings are no surprise. My first introduction to wireless was via the Sonos. It is an excellent product.

I have used the Zardoz since 2008, and I believe wireless is the shizzle. They are too many gremlins and too much fiddle factor in using a computer. I just wish they would uncork it so hi rez was possible. I have been told that is coming. If we can stream video content, why not....
For streaming audio, I'd think a used, tube-modified ModWright Transporter would run circles around the Zardoz. Logitech's server software is quite good, as are its smartphone and tablet apps. It's an ease-of-use/ease-of-setup winner IMO. Of course, Slim/Logitech no longer makes them, and you'd be limited to 24/96 - but still, for streaming audio (or any audio) it's pretty freaking spectacular, and it's very easy to setup & use. You can also use it as a DAC. New products to look at (I just did a bunch of research in this area, so...):

PSAudio PerfectWave Mk.II w/Bridge
Linn Akurate DS
Naim NDX

Problem is, all of these leverage UPnP - and IMO none have done it really well. If you were to go down that road, I'd say just be sure of the dealer support/return policy, as your mileage may vary. I wound up keeping my Transporter after some frustration with UPnP implementations.
For streaming audio, I'd think a used, tube-modified ModWright Transporter would run circles around the Zardoz.

With emphasis being placed on the word "think."

Friends of mine who owned the Transporter, which is/was a fine product, either sold it due to sonic thinness, or had it modded with a tube buffer ala Modwright and later sold it to chase other computer-related offerings with more flexibility with files types (hi rez).

Again, cannot wait for hi rez streaming.