Opinions - Best Sound at T.H.E. Newport 2013 Show?

So far I haven't seen a lot of commentary posted about last weekend's Newport show. I am interested in what anyone else thought was the best sounding room or most interesting product.

I was not impressed by most of the sound or products at this years show. I know that I'm generalizing, but I found the sound in most rooms to be mediocre at best. The rooms that were using room correction seemed to sound better, for the most part.

In my opinion, the best sound by far was in the EARO room. They had a rather simple setup, using Dirac room correction software. I thought that the sound from the 5" driver "Ulf" speakers was nothing short of amazing. I am seriously considering ordering a pair of these for my living room - if the sound as good as they did at the show I will be a happy camper.

I also enjoyed the sound in the SimpliFi room with the Klangwerk speakers. They were using their own DSPeaker correction hardware device.

Finally, I thought that the dc10Audio Berlin speakers were very interesting. I would like to hear them again, since the setup was less than optimal and the largish room was noisy, but the warm, lush horn sound was very different from the audio pablum produced in most of the other rooms.

Any other opinions?
bodotes
Any thoughts on the venture room? I thought this years smaller model sounded better than biggest model last year. I also liked the small Rockports , and rooms playing DSD downloads. Small evolution acoustics sounded good to me too.
Michael Fremer:"Best Sound at T.H.E Show in Newport for AVM and Gauder Akustik

What's with these guys..Is this a joke??

I was there at T.H.E show and AVM and Gauder was some of the poorest sound at the show. closed, lifeless, poor imaging, and small narrow soundstage. I walked out of the room with a small group of people shaking our heads saying it was quote awful! Fleetwood Mac never sounded worse on reel to reel.

I went to the room 5 or 6 times trying to hear the Berlin / Lamm set up which was shoved into a tiny corner in the big room!

The Gauder Guys had a sort of monopoly for playing time...it was a sort of zeitgeist of bad sound!

I did finally hear the dc10 / Lamm set up and was very impressed as posted earlier. The Ayon set-up was very, very good playing the ubiquitous Hugh Masekela's coal train why didn't M Fremer review the Ayon system and on my last visit I finally did hear the Gauder / AVM set up sound pretty good with a CD again the ubiquitous coal trains tap-tap-tap-tap-boom-boom-boom not as good as the Ayon rendition nor nearly as real as the dc10 / Lamm set up and it was truly not the best at the show unless one is deaf.
I was not there for the whole show David (dc) was there for the full 3 days.

What I did notice in my short and hurried visit was that the Gauder AVM system sounded plugged up and dead with poor resolution on the reel to reel which was playing classic rock and when I returned to the room they were playing a CD with jazz and more acoustic tracks and the system sounded much, much, better.

Although the AVM amplifiers produced 500? watts per side the system never produced the kind of bass I like which is open, fast, seamless, and deep. Both the Berlin and Ayon speakers did a much better job of this in my opinion.

So, as for the reviewers??
This my first Newport show. Several things are memorable. One can walk from the airport to the hotel. The live music shows were great. The music was poor. About the only really good sounding room in my opinion was the room with the Coffman G1A full preamp. We wandered in frankly to get a free beer and stayed an hour and a half. The sound was wonderful. Looking at the Coffman was like going back twenty years; listening to the Coffman was just totally involving.

Flying to California from Texas to hear two great singers, Nnenna Freelon and Tierney Sutton, live and to hear one good sounding room is just too expensive.