Monitor Audio for classical music

Is anyone using Monitor Audio for classical music. I am looking at these as well as Vienna, and Martin Logan. I realize these are very different speakers, I am looking for detail and resolution, even on the cool side as long as not fatiguing
dorningarts
The older RS series had a reputation for being forward and bright. The Stereophile review of the Silver RX-6 states that the new series solves that altogether.

I have auditioned both the Silver RX-6s and RX-8s, and there's no glare or harshness to be heard. In fact, when it comes to classical music I'd put them on the short list at their price range. They are good all-rounders, which would give you bass extension and dynamics for large orchestral pieces, a linear tonal balance that doesn't draw attention to itself, good imaging, large soundstage, and good speed, ambience, and inner detail.

They may not have the speed and inner detail of planars or minimonitors, but they are not slow and dull either, and they have better dynamics and bass extension than similarly priced planars, let alone minimonitors.

They can also be tuned to the room and optimized for speaker placement better than most: They have both front and rear-firing ports and foam plugs for both. This gives you four different bass damping options.

There are a couple other speakers I'd consider in this price range: the GoldenEar Aon3, which is $998/pair but stand-mounted. Even so, the bass extension and clarity is competitive with small floorstanders. All GoldenEar models also benefit from Heil-type folded ribbon tweeters that are devoid of overshoot and ringing.

Second, GoldenEar is releasing a new, smaller floorstander called the Triton Seven in June. It has an MTM array on its narrow baffle front and two side-firing passive radiators near the bottom. Target retail price is $1400/pair.

Having heard both the flagship Triton Two's and Aon 3's, I suspect the Triton Sevens will be a serious contender at that price point.
johnnyb53 Thanks, things can indeed get solved in newer models, so I assume you have not heard the gold or platinums? I will check out the others you mentioned. The Monitors are the best looking speaker I have seen in it's price range, which is a big plus
Dorningarts,

You say you're looking for speakers in the $2K range, but have a long-term budget of $10K. Does this mean you're looking for $2K speakers to anchor a $10K system, and the other $8K will go to electronics, cables, possibly a sub, etc.?

I suspect you're trying to figure out whether to put your money into something close to a full-range floorstander or put the money into a faster, smoother tweeter, such as a ribbon or beryllium and use your upgrade money later to fill in the bottom octave of bass.

When shopping electronics, I suggest you look at the Marantz Reference series of integrated amps. Even the entry-level one, the $999 PM8004, is natural, neutral, fast, and detailed with a -125 dB noise floor. I heard one powering a pair of $10K Sonus Faber Cremona Ms and the amp was in complete command of those speakers, showing speed, linearity, grainless transparent midrange, and clarity and control over the bass that you don't expect from a $1K integrated amp.

The PM8004 and Monitor Audio Silver RX6 or RX8 would be a tremendous combination. It would also power the GoldenEar Aon3 or Triton Two or Three very well. Remember, the GoldenEars have excellent motion transformer ribbon tweeters and very fast, transparent midranges.

Another approach would be to spend the $2K on a pair of Magnepan 1.7s and use some of your upgrade money for a good subwoofer. This would expand the soundstage and dynamic range.
I was not too clear, I have a short and mid term plan, start out with say a $2000 model of X, and in a year or so upgrade, hopefully in the same speaker, if I like it. This is based on my financial situation. Right now I have a Parasound setup, but I really want to head over to Mcintosh ($$$) at some point. I do like Marantz, I have a Marantz SACD player which I really enjoy. The RX8 sounds great, thanks for your expertise