"What's The Best Value Speaker In $5k-$10k Range?"

I'd appreciate some advice from those experienced with great speakers. I'm hoping that this thread will be valuable to lots of others, as well.

On to my question: What are the best value speakers you can buy on the used market in the $5k-$10k price range? I think it's time to get into something world-class for music, and I've found that in each area of life or hobby, there are gems available that might not carry the most popular brand name - or be the latest fashion - but that do deliver the best performance for the money.

I'd appreciate recommendations from any resident speaker gurus. Thank you!
metalphoenix
Montana EPS2's are also excellent and, if used, can be had for under 5K --- and compete upper middle of the pack against 10-12K speakers. Used they are an awesome deal.

Used Vandersteen speakers at all price points are extraordinary values too.
I've been searching some time for a full range replacement for my Dyn's, looking in the 8-10k range. I had been thinking that used would make more sense, why not let somebody else take the hit on resale. I still might buy used, but right now I'm leaning toward the Vapor Joule after hearing and seeing them at RMAF. They were incredible, exactly the sound I want. And from my months of research seem to offer more parts quality, and build quality than anything I could get used for that price.

I'd say take a look at them and contact the manufacturer. They've been very patient answering my many questions. Might not be what you're looking for, but worth looking into. -Alecs
Shelby + Kroll Monitors and Sub will fit your budget and needs perfectly.
I have had them for two years and Stereomojo just released the first Pro review of them, and the reviewer got it right!
Hey guys, this has been great - thanks for the recommendations. Gives me fun research and reading time. This is not exactly within the spirit of the question I asked, but does anyone have an opinion about the MBL 126s? I've found MBL in my research, and they just look awesome and sound pretty high-tech. I'm going to have a lot of fun auditioning speakers in my future.