The Audio Research Reference 10 is here $30k

The Audio Research Reference 10 is here. $30k is the entry fee. Check it out in the link below.

http://www.arcdb.ws/REF10/REF10.html
128x128mitch4t
Atmasphere, here's some free business advice. Rebadge your MP-1 to MP-1 Signature and jack up the price to $50k. Tell them the design is based on 30 years of research ... blah blah BS. All you need is sell several annually for a nice profit and escape the cold winters of Minnesota.

I bet when they compare it to the MP-1, they will find it more organic, bass, detail ... Never underestimate power of the mind and placebo effect. LOL!!!!!

If you build them, they will come!
Wow, the negativity is amazing sometimes. Yes, some manufacturers do come out with new (updated, or latest and greatest) products very quickly. For many reasons. 1)Keeping their names out there so people would think they are on the cutting edge (even when sometimes they aren't. 2) for the many people that absolutely have to own the newest, latest and greatest (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that either. who am I to judge them?) 3 for people that trust the products to th extent that would buy simply because the manufacturer updated or came out with something new. and many other reasons. The point is, what do I or should I care? it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of my equipment and music. Also, I don't know the internal politics or business ethics of Audio Research or any other manufacturer. Some have way more R&D staff than smaller companies and development newer circuitry also, where the smaller companies simply can't change their product lines that quickly. But, nobody is twisting my arm forcing me to go out and buy that product. Anyone that purchase a piece of equipment or car or house with the expectation that it will retain its value or that it would lose its value if another product is produced that replaces it, well that is going to happen sooner or later anyway. my opinion? enjoy what you have while you have it. Life is usually very short when you enjoy it and very long when you aren't. I prefer to try to enjoy life. More power to Audio Research, Atmasphere, and any others that take the leap to go out and try to produce something.

enjoy
Bifwynne, now that you mention it, that was a policy that has been there for years. But who knows, it could have changed but how I understand it is that the new owners have not messed with the company.
Where is Steve Huntley (GNSC) when we need him.
For those who have had their ARC amps and preamps modded by him, there is no desire to get into the ongoing, never ending, new models upgrade journey.
The last piece of gear he's done for me was a REF3 LE and a REF Phono 2 and i have no desire to move to a REF5 SE or a REF 10 anytime soon.