Accuphase E-560 versus VAC Sigma 160i

Hello all. For those who have heard both of these fine integrated amplifiers, would you please briefly compare/contrast their sonic signatures? Please note, I am not asking for specific recommendations, simply listening impressions of each.

Many Thanks!
tube_meister
I have owned the VAC Sigma 160i with built in MC phono stage for about 2 years and continue to be impressed with its sound and build quality as well as the support of Kevin Hayes and company at VAC.

I find it to have a beguiling combination of the liquidity and dimensionality people like from tubes along with the resolution, drive and bass control that people typically associate with good solid state.

For me it is the cornerstone of a high quality, but simplified system and I would highly recommend an audition for anyone in the market for a great integrated at that price point.

I have not heard the Accuphase but I have heard the Luxman Class As, Pass Class A, older ARC Vsi50, various Mcintosh, older Ayre and many others, and still preferred the VAC by a pretty good margin for my tastes (classical, jazz, blues, acoustic, some rock, etc).

The new Ayre 5 series integrated has a nice sound as well and the Vitus at a higher price point is also a good sounding integrated that would be worth consideration.
I own the Vac 160i for about 6 months now. It is a fast and tight amp. A powerful tube integrated amp. Much more like a solid state IMHO.

I have another set of tube amp, the legendary BAT VK60 with ARC ls17 preamp. They just sound sweeeeeet and warm. sweeter and warmer than sigma but not as powerful as the Sigma.

If you have sensitive high db speakers like Tannoy, avantgarde, you can try BAT VK60 amp if you like speakers like magico s1, wilson or revel, VAC amp is a better choice.
Hello again all,

Just wanted to update my situation. I ended up buying the Rowland Continuum S2 and so far, I couldn't be happier! It seems like a very synergistic match with my Salk Soundscape 8's speakers. With RAAL tweeters mated with an Accuton midrange driver and two 8" woofers (along with passive radiators), the Soundscape 8's are fast and revealing. Think Magnepan 3.7's with more extended bass and a more visceral and dynamic presentation (and I am a big Magnepan fan BTW). The Rowland delivery is beautiful and extended with power aplenty. The Rowland iteration of Class D doesn't roll off the highs like some others I have heard nor does it present a "glassy/edgy" treble like some too. Bass is deep and rich, midrange is very nice although not quite on the level of my previous Pass Labs XA30.5 but close. I have never heard better dynamics in my system than I have now. Unlike the Pass, the Rowland has a better overall balanced presentation that is way less bloomier, and much more coherent. Imaging depth is incredible and the air around the musicians/performers is scary good. I've only got about 175 hours on it so I believe things will only get even better (if that's possible?).

Tim