home theater processor suggestions?

This is what i am looking for a processor that has /does the following:
1. has hdmi1.3 or better
2. xlr connections
3. room correction
4. be able to process most of the upper formats.
5. 7 channel.

i have no need for analog input or out puts. i run hdmi in and out. i just need one of each.

i run a anthem statement p5 amp

i know about the anthem mva 50v and the statement d2v...

thank you for your suggestions
baranowski
I guess i need to get my hands on the marantz to listen to it. i would assume that i would have to hear a difference between it and my elite. the both decode the same and both have room correction... i just wonder will i notice a difference at all.

thanks again,
bill

08-04-12: Baranowski
I guess i need to get my hands on the marantz to listen to it. i would assume that i would have to hear a difference between it and my elite. the both decode the same and both have room correction... i just wonder will i notice a difference at all.

Given that the Marantz doesn't have the Pioneer's 7x130w amplification onboard with its attendant large transformer and the vibration and heat such a power section would generate, I'd be *really* surprised if the Marantz doesn't sound significantly cleaner with a lower noise floor. If my audition of Marantz's giant-killing PM8004 integrated amp is any indication, I suspect that the HDAM-equipped Marantz components have a leg up on the competition as far as clean gain, clarity, bandwidth, and s/n ratio, all of which translate into cleaner sound, better low level detail, and wider dynamic range. I'll be interested to read what you find out.
Pioneer Elite has the reputation of being bright, but that may come from the power amps. Marantz typically is a more balanced sound. But again it depends on the pre-amp section of the Pioneer. You'll probably hear more of a difference with 2 channel music than with movies. I would use that as a comparison, even if you primarily use the system for movies. The room correction may also make a difference. Good luck.
Johnnyb53 - I use 2 Yamaha receivers as pre-amps. They are both noted for running hot as receivers, but as pre-amps, they run very cool. That begs the question as to how much influence the power amps and transformers have on the sound when using the pre-outs. I agree with you in principle, but I think it really depends on how the power sections work when using pre-outs. My guess is that the design of the pre-amp sections and the room correction will be more important than the power amps on the Pioneer. But, I am not sure you can really tell the effect of the power amps, unless the Pioneer outperforms the Marantz, which would be a real surprise.