Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I want to thank all of you on this forum for your good will and support. You are a wonderful community. I have loved my Supratek Chenin over the last 7 months but, alas, am moving on (to Joule Electra).

Meanwhile, I have some great tubes that some of you may be interested in:

NOS Phillips Miniwatt GZ34 (100 hours, just broken in) @$250 (gives the deepest, tightest bass you can hear on the Supratek)
NOS RCA 6L6 regulators $124 pair (wonderfully precise and musical)
NOS RCA 6J6A to replace the M8081 in the phono stage $80 pair (these really kick butt over the M8081, incredible dynamics and clarity)
NOS RCA 6NS7 gray glass $50 pair

You'll find my Chenin listed, so tell your friends.

Happy listening,
Rick000,
Any further impressions of Mondeuse?
I'm waiting on my pair, should be finished soon.
Thanks.
Fiddler,
Great post, thank for sharing with us.
I have Chenin, after opening I have found 10 big white caps (they are glued to walls). Are you talking about them ? As I understand you have replaced only 2 of them ?
Which ones ?

Could you provide me with exact resistance of DACT (type, A or C) ?

What have given you more benefit replacing caps or Alphs pot ?

Has any owner any experience with balanced power ?
Is it beneficial with Supratek ?
Sorlowski,

Fiddler is talking about the output caps(just before it goes to the ouput RCA's). In my Chenin, which maybe same as your unit, it is the Auricap (yellow) with 1uF/450V rating on mine. I have not replaced mine nor planning to replace it. I am happy about my preamp as it is.

First tubes, then umbilical cords, now caps. Soon, we have to rewire the whole preamp from PS to the linestage unit. Nothing wrong with all that I suppose. I was guilty riding the "tube carnival", did not bother about the umbilical cord, but I have a feeling the teflon caps will have a difference in sound and might try it in the future.

I tried balance power on the preamp. I did not like it a bit but your experience can be different.

regards
Thanks,
I will have to check how many of them (yellow 1uf/450V)are there.
I agree that Supratek sound really good from the start, but I'm hoping that with some "help" it can be that good like Lamm or VAC :)
What changed in Suratek sound with balanced power what you did not like ?