Retubing an ARC VT100 mkll

Thinking of tube rolling my VT100 mkll. Currently using EH for both the 6922 input and 6550 output tubes. Less than 800 hours on the entire set, so its not that I need an entire retube, just looking to improve the sound if possible. What would give the biggest improvement, changing out the input or output tubes to KT88/90? Bear in mind I would need a closely matched OCTECT of either so bizarre/rare vintage tubes are out of the question. Thinking of Gold Lions or similar, any thoughts from the scholars?
spinaker01
Hmmmm.....so now I'm torn between the KT88 Gold Lions or, for similar money, the Tung-sol KT120. Hifigeek1, if you were going this route, which would you likely go with? Thanks!
Well I'm not a fan of KT-88's in any ARC amp. I would make sure the output tube sockets were nice and tight and go with the KT-120's. Just so you know you can't just put any 6922's in that amp. I get them from ARC and it requires a 1-2 hour set up procedure so that distortion is low and the DC balance is correct.
Spinaker01:
Go with the KT120s you wont regret it. They will make a substantial improvement in your VT100MKII.
There are no issues re loose sockets, etc, as Hifigeek suggested.

I may not be a service rep, but I am very cautious and made sure that I investigated negative possibilities before making the change to the KT120s.
Thanks to all for your assistance on this. I plan on keeping the EH 6922 signal tubes, I just got through re-biasing them at about their midlife (using the A. Collins method). And my current output tubes seem to fit very snug, so I think a couple of quads of KT120's are on now on the menu. Will let everyone know how it goes. Cheers!
Call ARC and buy a set of their new 6550s. I replaced the power tubes in my REF-PH8 and my REF-3 with these tubes. At first listen, there was a blacker background with much better definition and separation. Once broken in ... amazing.