Sonic atributes ultralinear vs tetrode vs pentode

What are the sonic attributes of and amp running in Ultralinear vs tetrode vs Pentode. Looking to get a new amp, but live in a rural area can't audition them all. I don't like what I have heard from Ultralinear amps, too hard sounding for me. A lot of new pentode amps on the market, can't audition any. Why pick one over the other?
Thanks
Mike
128x128brm1
Trelja, choosing the midpoint on a scale may be simple math, but it's not simple dimensional analysis. Since wpc is a ratio scale with a meaningful zero, the proportions that Ralph referred to apply in this case. If this is confusing to you, you might ask someone who has had a beginning statistics course.

Audiofeil, thanks for the careful editing of my comment. You may want to take more credit for your creative work in the future.
Hi Mcphersn
I stand by my work and take full credit for it.

However, you provided me all I needed.

Looking forward to more opportunities.
Trelja, IM(H)O, you need to step back a couple of paces and look consider how most audiophiles would see this:

The fact that a triode makes 20-30% of pentode power means to most anyone that if you have a pentode amp of 60 watts, if it was then wired in triode, it would make maybe 20 watts. Similarly, if I say that UL makes most of the power of pentode, while approaching triode linearity, its not going to be skin off of anyone's back to find out that the result is about 40 watts, which is 'most' of 60 watts, since 40 watts is more than half of the power. We're not talking rocket science here; its pretty common to trade off between power and linearity.
Atmasphere, regarding the triode/UL/pentode (20/40/60 wpc) relationship, you've now repeated what I've put forth, not once, but multiple times. This calls to mind the exchanges of Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam.

That might be funny except that you still have yet to get your head around the fact that the number 40 lies halfway (and not "most" or 2/3 of the way) between 20 and 60. In your words, "We're not talking rocket science here." Agreed, it's only fourth grade math.

The good (or bad) thing about this is that no matter how many times you get it wrong, the correct answer never changes. Until you understand how the number 40 relates to 20 and 60, your understanding of how ultralinear relates to triode and pentode operation will likewise forever remain fatally flawed.